‘Mindfulness for Mental Health’ Talk for Sports Teams
Inward Bound Mindfulness provides mindfulness talks for sports teams. The intention is to teach some tools, skills, and coping mechanisms, so each player can get a better understanding in how they relate to their thoughts and to the world in general.
Some of the main topics covered;
- How to relate to your thoughts
- Brain training
- Understanding emotions
- Responding mindfully versus reacting
- Understanding stress
- Relaxation breathing techniques
- Developing awareness, concentration, and clarity
- Learning to slow down
- The automatic pilot and how it effects us
- Our negativity bias
- How to meditate
- Developing a positive mindset
Each talks lasts about an hour and a half to two hours. But can be tailored to suit the teams needs.
- Fergus has 22 years experience in the Irish Army ( survival instructor, sniper instructor, confidence training instructor, physical fitness instructor, 7 tours abroad, infantry training sergeant)
- 8 years experience in team building.
- He has ran 50 mindfulness courses to date
- Holds a masters degree in mindfulness-based wellbeing
- Worked as an outdoor instructor in the outback in Australia
- Written his first book , ‘ I am responsible for my own life ‘ (amazon)
- Numerous other courses around wellbeing and mental health
Please contact fergus on 087 7732467 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices are €150 to €200 per talk – not including travel expenses. Each talk will be priced on duration and travel costings.